Art + Cocktails + Fun(ds)= Cultured Cocktails!
Fresh Arts’ Cultured Cocktails program has been raising a glass to the arts every Thursday for over a decade! Hosted at Boheme Café & Wine Bar each Thursday from 5:00-8:00PM, this community building happy hour features a different artist or arts group offering a weekly opportunity to get up close and personal with the artists that make Houston unique! Plus, a portion of drink sales during Cultured Cocktails support the featured artist -- so don't be shy to raise a glass (or three) to the arts!
Since its inception in 2008, the Cultured Cocktails program has raised more than $120,000 for hundreds of Houston area artists and arts organizations. Powered by Fresh Arts, Cultured Cocktails is generously sponsored by Boheme Café & Wine Bar, located at 307 Fairview, Houston, TX 77006 in the heart of the Montrose area.
Cultured Cocktails Participation Benefits:
- 10% of drink sales from 5-8pm on the date of your event*
- Use of the bar space to showcase your work and host performances. (see FAQs for logistics)
- Ability to sell artwork or other merchandise and host raffles or giveaways to generate extra funds.
- Marketing support from Fresh Arts and Boheme through e-blasts, social media mentions, etc.
*Check proceeds for 2019 have ranged from $110-$200. Groups that promoted their event actively and early generally saw a higher check amount. Proceeds are payable by check approximately 4 weeks after the event date.
Cultured Cocktails Artist/Organization Eligibility:
- This opportunity is open to all artists & creatives (of any discipline or medium), arts and/or cultural organizations/groups/collectives from the greater Houston area (within 50 miles in any direction).
- All artists or arts groups may participate only once per calendar year.
- Non-arts groups may participate on a case-by-case basis provided that they intend to use their Cultured Cocktails to promote awareness or funding for a specific arts project or collaboration that may be outside of their normal mission.
- Interested artists/arts groups must complete an online application and outline how they will utilize the opportunity to showcase their work/project/mission/creative practice in an engaging manner.
Cultured Cocktails Artist/Organization Expectations:
- The featured artist/group is required to have an active, onsite presence throughout the duration of their 5-8pm Thursday happy hour.
- Participants are expected to use their time to share information about their project/organization as creatively as possible. This may include, but is not limited to: live performances, contests, raffles, artwork sales, poetry readings, DJs, film screenings, fashion shows, etc.
- Featured artists/art groups are responsible for their own setup, and materials, and sound or video equipment, if desired.
- Artists/art groups are expected to assist in the early and active promotion of their event.
- Participants must complete a Post-Event Form within 5 days of their event providing a quick recap including attendance numbers and additional funds raised.
For full Terms and Conditions of the Cultured Cocktails program please visit: Cultured Cocktails FAQs
Now accepting applications for 2020 dates!