The Harvey Arts Recovery
supports the disaster recovery needs of the Greater Houston arts, culture, and creative community in our 10-county region (including Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Galveston, Liberty, Waller, Chambers, Austin and San Jacinto counties). As a collaborative effort of Houston's arts services sector, our focus is on aiding individual artists and rebuilding and restoring smaller organizations.
We invite arts, culture, history, heritage and humanities organizations with budgets not exceeding $5 million that suffered damage and losses to apply immediately for grant support. Eligible expenses are defined but not limited to;
- Professional consultation
- Rental of temporary studio, rehearsal, performance, exhibit, office or other space/venue
- Basic institutional and operational costs, such as purchasing equipment and replacing inventory, shelving, and roofing
- Loss of income
- Loss of works of art
- Insurance deductibles
- Contract obligations (artist fees, venue rental, etc. for canceled programs)
- Repurchasing supplies
- Other assistance to ensure continuity of organizational operations and programs
Grants of up to $250-$5,000 will be made. There is no requirement for cost sharing or matching.
501c3 nonprofit organizations and fiscally sponsored entities eligible to receive Hurricane Harvey Arts Recovery money. Applicants for grants must lie within the 10 county region surrounding Harris County.
Applicants must have a track record and experience as a working artist or a cultural practitioner or a nonprofit organization in the visual and performing arts, history, heritage, or humanities.
How to Apply
Submit a completed application via Submittable.
Please contact email@example.com