Fresh Arts is a Houston-based 501(c)3 organization that champions local artists and creative entreprenuers to succeed in the business of art.
Checks may be mailed or delivered to the Fresh Arts offices:
1502 Sawyer St. #103
Houston, TX 77007
Regular office hours are M-F (10am-6pm). Please call before dropping by: 713.868.1839
Credit card donations may be made online via your project's profile page on the Fresh Arts' website.
You should only submit this form if any of the below apply:
1) You are starting a new project that was not listed in your original application for sponsorship
2) You plan to implement significant changes in programming
3) There have been changes or update to the purposes for which grant funds are spent
Only projects that are currently approved as fiscally sponsored by Fresh Arts should submit this form
This form must be filled in its entirety upon requesting a disbursement of funds from Fresh Arts for fiscally sponsored projects. All disbursements must be released to the project manager or the legal entity whose tax ID we have on file. (We will not be paying third-party vendors or contractors.)
In order for Fresh Arts to process this request, all fields in this form must be completed and supporting documents (invoices (for services) or receipts) for the disbursement must be attached.
EXAMPLE: You need to pay 2 vendors for expenses related to your project. When filling out this form, please list the invoice amounts from both vendors below and then, attach the corresponding invoices to your request. Fresh Arts will cut ONE check to YOU (project manager/legal entity) for the combined amount.
Project managers may only request disbursements up to the amount of the project's account balance.
Before you apply, please read the Fiscal Sponsorship FAQs, as well as check your eligibility via the questions below. Also, please note that to submit this form, you must pay the $100.00 non-refundable application fee.
Currently, fiscal sponsorship applications are reviewed once every month by a special committee, whose recommendations are subject to approval by the Fresh Arts board of directors. Please allow adequate time for the approval process before beginning to raise funds for your project.
(If you already have a budget, mission statement, and project description prepared, the application should take roughly 30-45 minutes.)
Art + Cocktails + Fun(ds)= Cultured Cocktails!
Fresh Arts’ Cultured Cocktails program has been raising a glass to the arts every Thursday for over a decade! Hosted at Boheme Café & Wine Bar each Thursday from 5:00-8:00PM, this community building happy hour features a different artist or arts group offering a weekly opportunity to get up close and personal with the artists that make Houston unique! Plus, a portion of drink sales during Cultured Cocktails support the featured artist -- so don't be shy to raise a glass (or three) to the arts!
Since its inception in 2008, the Cultured Cocktails program has raised more than $120,000 for hundreds of Houston area artists and arts organizations. Powered by Fresh Arts, Cultured Cocktails is generously sponsored by Boheme Café & Wine Bar, located at 307 Fairview, Houston, TX 77006 in the heart of the Montrose area.
Cultured Cocktails Participation Benefits:
- 10% of drink sales from 5-8pm on the date of your event*
- Use of the bar space to showcase your work and host performances. (see FAQs for logistics)
- Ability to sell artwork or other merchandise and host raffles or giveaways to generate extra funds.
- Marketing support from Fresh Arts and Boheme through e-blasts, social media mentions, etc.
*Check proceeds for 2019 have ranged from $110-$200. Groups that promoted their event actively and early generally saw a higher check amount. Proceeds are payable by check approximately 4 weeks after the event date.
Cultured Cocktails Artist/Organization Eligibility:
- This opportunity is open to all artists & creatives (of any discipline or medium), arts and/or cultural organizations/groups/collectives from the greater Houston area (within 50 miles in any direction).
- All artists or arts groups may participate only once per calendar year.
- Non-arts groups may participate on a case-by-case basis provided that they intend to use their Cultured Cocktails to promote awareness or funding for a specific arts project or collaboration that may be outside of their normal mission.
- Interested artists/arts groups must complete an online application and outline how they will utilize the opportunity to showcase their work/project/mission/creative practice in an engaging manner.
Cultured Cocktails Artist/Organization Expectations:
- The featured artist/group is required to have an active, onsite presence throughout the duration of their 5-8pm Thursday happy hour.
- Participants are expected to use their time to share information about their project/organization as creatively as possible. This may include, but is not limited to: live performances, contests, raffles, artwork sales, poetry readings, DJs, film screenings, fashion shows, etc.
- Featured artists/art groups are responsible for their own setup, and materials, and sound or video equipment, if desired.
- Artists/art groups are expected to assist in the early and active promotion of their event.
- Participants must complete a Post-Event Form within 5 days of their event providing a quick recap including attendance numbers and additional funds raised.
For full Terms and Conditions of the Cultured Cocktails program please visit: Cultured Cocktails FAQs